Tuesday 24 February 2009

Lecture Two: Rebecca Horn

EXTENDED SENSES.
Rebecca Horn is an artist who is highly intrested in senses, cycles, sound, movement, smells, music, painting, motion picture and performance.
Her work is extremely personal due to her travellers past and the isolation she suffered from severe illness.
Some of her work revolves around the theme of ISOLATION, she quashed this lonlieness by communicating through forms of the body. (Finger gloves 1972, long fingers are an extension of the body.)
The 'finger gloves' theme revolves around the ideas of flight and escapism. If i was asked in what way i would tranform my body i think i would go for complete decoration. Something that would entirely cover my body in a design. And tell my story too, decorate myself in things that remind me of my most important moments in life. I like the idea of something visually exciting on the outside but with a much deeper meaning under the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment